Construction of Roosevelt School began on March 30, 1920 at 50 Roosevelt Avenue. The school opened mid-year for students in February 1921 with an enrollment of about 250 students. Four additional classrooms were added to Roosevelt in 1928 to the original 10. Despite the fact that there were more schools in the district in 1950, another addition was planned for Roosevelt. In 1953 a gymnasium/all purpose room, along with eight additional classrooms were added. The community continued to change, and so did Roosevelt. Roosevelt became a K-5 building with the creation of a Middle School in 1984. Roosevelt School has had Fourteen principals starting with Mr. S. Ellen Hancy in 1921 to its present Principal, Mr. Joseph Pisacane. As the enrollment continues to grow, so has Roosevelt School. A new addition with thirteen new rooms was dedicated on October 29, 2002. Roosevelt now has the capability of providing all the programs necessary to educate the K-5 students residing in the Roosevelt School District.